Mists of Pandaria, the upcoming expansion, has just gone into beta, and the WMV team is working hard on developing the next generation of WoW Model Viewer, version 0.8.0.0, which will be the first to fully support MoP! But, this means that there will be virtually no Mists of Pandaria support in the current 0.7.x.x series of WMV.
However, we understand that many don't want to wait, and want to see and access the files NOW! That is why we've created a Test build of WMV. This test build is unsupported, only available in 32-bit, and does NOT come with an installer.
Rather than trying to fix/add support to v0.7.x.x, we're focusing our energies on v0.8.0.0, which we're aiming at having ready around the time Mists of Pandaria is released. If others want to create patches for the 0.7.x.x line, we are more than willing to add them, but official support for MoP will be with 0.8.0.0.
To load MoP with the test build, follow this simple list of instructions:
- Download and install the Beta. (Links and instructions below.)
- Download and unRAR the Test Build of WMV.
- Let the beta finish downloading and installing itself. (IMPORTANT! You won't be able to see any of the files if this step is skipped!)
- Press the Play button on the Beta, then close it.
- Load the Test Build, but do NOT load WoW.
- Go to Options->Settings and clear the MPQ list.
- Hit the reset button, and choose the Beta directory.
- Close the window, go to File->Load World of Warcraft
If you don't have the beta, you can get it here:
You can install any language version (or all of them) from any of these files. On Windows, once you've downloaded the installer, you will need to rename it "World of Warcraft Beta Setup.exe". The run it, and off you go!
Once you've done all this, you should be able to load up the models as seen here:
Hope this helps, and I look forwards to seeing people's work with this!